Installing and Tweaking AdSense Sites For Making Top Earnings With Google AdSense
You can choose between text ads or image ads, or a mixture of both. You can choose between many different sizes. You can change the colors and the type of border the ads have. It can be confusing if you don’t know what you’re doing. Fortunately, there are a few relatively simple rules that can help you figure out which ads to try first.
Remember, you can always tweak the ads later. You could get lucky and get a great CTR immediately, but most of the time you will have to do some tweaking to bring your CTR up to a nice level.
Text or Image Ads
I almost always use text ads only. On the vast majority of sites, text ads convert better. Every once in a rare while, image ads will convert better, but this is very rare.
There are many different sizes of ads available. Only a few of them are really worth using. I find that the size that works best sometimes varies from site to site, but for the most part, the same few sizes work for almost all niches.
* 336×280 – This is the large rectangle. It works extremely well when it is aligned at the top left of a block of content.
* 300×250 – This is the medium rectangle. It also works well aligned at the top left of your content. Use this one if your site is so narrow that 336×280 doesn’t fit well.
* 250×250 – This is a large square. It can fit aligned with content when larger formats don’t fit.
* 728×90 – The leaderboard size works well above and below your content.
* 160×600 – The large skyscraper size is great for sidebars.
I don’t typically use any of the other sizes. I especially avoid the 468×60 size on most sites, because people have come to instantly recognize that size as an ad.
Learn More About AdSense Sites For Making Top Earnings With Google AdSense
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joe_Shoemaker